Credit transfer

Use your previous HE study to help you gain an OU qualification


We are able to consider applications for credit transfer based on overseas study if it appears on our list of recognised qualifications from one of the countries listed below.

Select the first letter of the country you studied in from the A-Z list to see if we can consider study from that country.

If your country does not appear on this list then unfortunately we cannot award any credit transfer on the basis of your previous study. However you may still be able to study with the OU.

See more information on how we determine the qualifications from overseas that we can award credit transfer for click here

Please select the country that you studied in from the A-Z list.

Already studied?

 If you have already studied with the OU please sign in to make sure that you get the credit transfer information that is relevant to you. 

Contact us

If you have any queries about applying for credit transfer please feel free to contact us using the link below.

Please try to include:

  • which qualification you completed
  • the organisation you completed it through
  • when you completed it
  • which OU qualification you would like to transfer to

Contact us about credit transfer.

If you have general questions about the University feel free to contact us.

More information about The Open University.